Sunday, April 22, 2012

S is for "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".  Yes, give me something that challenges me. Don't throw me the easy stuff. I want to know that I've done something that few people have taken the time to do.  And, I want it to be impressive. O.K. Easy is good sometimes, but anyone can do easy. It is those things that surpass the ordinary that stand out in a crowd. What makes "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" such a challenge? Is it just the spelling? Is it the fact that hardly anyone knows what it means or that there is no meaning for it? Or is the sheer power of how it sounds when pronounced correctly? We can learn a lot from this word. One, how to think and dream big. Two, how to face and conquer uncertainties and eventually overcome them. And the list could probably go on. 

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the best made-up words ever! It does make me want to think and dream big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure caught on the minute that movie came out. Even the backwards pronunciation, which they fudged on a bit. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs in April. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete