Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Believe.  It is so easy to quit believing in yourself and your abilities to make the most of your potential. When there is so many things out there competing for our attention and the attention of others, we are often side tracked into thinking that our pursuit is useless and that success is miles away.  I remember a famous story line in the TV show, "Touched by An Angel".  In it, Ms. Della Reese had asked some people to join her in praying for rain during a a terrible drought. When they all met to go into making their requests, Ms. Reese noticed that no one else who had come to pray for the rain had brought an umbrella.  When asked about it, Ms. Reese simply stated that she apparently was the only one who really believe that the drought would end after their requests were made!  So my challenge to others and myself is to make more of an effort to act in accordance to actin!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I never thought of that! Praying for something but not really acting like you believe it will happen. I'm going to try more often to carry that umbrella when I pray for rain. Thanks for sharing this.

    I found you through the A-Z Challenge. Hope it is as inspiring for you as it has been for me :) Blessings to you!

    http://heretofindhim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to pray for it, better believe God can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete